Belt Grinder , 2 x 72" with VFD (no freight included)
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
Belt Grinder, 2 x 72"
** Note: Price listed is pickup from Brookvale, NSW. We can help with freight, at additional cost **
Solidly built belt grinder in 12 mm steel plate, perfect for knife making.
Comes with several upgrades already in the box and a powerful motor:
- solidly built in 12 mm steel plate
- Variable speed with dust-protected VFD
- 2 hp motor (1.5 KW)
- 200 mm long platen
- Pre-wired and ready to go, only 10 mins of basic assembly required for gas strut and adding tooling arms.
- Large wheel on dedicated tool arm for hollow grinds, 250 mm
- Small wheel attachment on dedicated tool arm with 15, 30 and 50 mm wheels
- Grinder tilts sideways for use as horisontal grinder
- Adjustable Work Rest included
The belt grinder uses 2 x 72" abrasive belts, and comes with a dust-protected VFD for variable speed.
The finer the belt, or the smaller the wheel used the slower the speed should be.
Many makers reduce speed for any belt over 120 grits anyway, for additional control.
The grinder comes in a wooden crate weighting 100 kg and requires some simple assembly and 5, 6 and 9 mm Allen keys.
Wooden crate is 72x47x47 cm.
- wheel dimensions: platen wheels 58 mm x 2
- Tracking wheel: 117 mm
- drive wheel: 195 mm
- Grinder base plate: 350 x 300 mm
- Grinder dimensions: 600 mm high x 650 mm deep x 370 mm wide with motor sticking out past base plate
- Small wheels for grinding: 15 mm, 30 mm and 50 mm rubber on steel shaft with steel ball bearings *MUST BE USED AT LOW SPEED*
- Platen is 200 mm
- Grinder is made in 12 mm steel plate for stability and low vibration - will require 2 people to move out of the crate and onto the bench or stand.
Assembly instructions: LINK