Chef Blade Kit, Stainless Steel
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
Chef 195 mm Blade Kit
Make your own full-sized chef blade with a 195 mm blade.
The blade is made in the USA from 440C Stainless steel.
The kit consists of
- Chef fulltang blade, light and delightful to work with ( 195 mm edge, 315 mm overall)
- Curly Birch Scales, Super grade (other woods available, see options)
- Vulcanized fibre spacer material (see options for colors)
- Optional: Corby bolts can be used in the 2 middle, larger cut-outs
The chef blade kit can be completed with simple hand tools, such as a cordless drill, files and sand paper. Having a belt sander is optional, but makes it easier and faster.
- Place one scale under the blade, drill holes for bolts or pin stock.
- Use this scale as a guide to drill holes through the other handle scale
- Using pin stock is simpler than the corby bolts
- Clamp scales together, shape the front as this is easier without the blade
- Epoxy the handle scales to the knife blade, with fibre spacer between steel and wood
- Shape scales with belt sander, file or similar
- Smooth scales with sand paper, minimum to 1200 grit
- Optional: seal handle scales with oil, wax or similar
Example of this knife kit completed by David Vered, handles in Mango wood and with stainless steel 1/8" pins: