Knife Honing Strop w/Polishing Compound
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
Nordic Edge Knife Honing Strop with Edge Polishing Compound
For hair-poppingly sharp blades, strop after sharpening using this leather and wood paddle strap.
The honing strap is 28 cm long, 1 cm thick and 4 cm wide in natural wood, with soft leather attached to both sides.
One side is the skin side and one side has the suede or internal side of the leather.
The honing strop also comes with white polishing compound for loading the suede side of the paddle.
There are many opinions on stropping, here is one of them:
- sharpen the blade as usual
- load the suede/rough side of the strop with compound
- strop with light pressure, away from the edge to avoid cutting into the leather
- after some strokes on each side (5-15), change to the outer leather side
- this side is not loaded with compound, again stroke 5-15 times per side
A strop is a good way to keep a blade razor sharp for longer but does require a good, thin edge to begin with.
Only used it a couple of times. Does the job
Great if a bit small.
Easy to hold. Perfect size for carrying outdoors.
A surprisingly easy and satisfying tool to use. And the great results were very much unexpected