Polar 95 Hammer Finish Kit
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
Scandinavian Puuko Kit
Make your own custom puuko with your choice of blade from Polar.
The kit consists of
- Polar 95 Hammer Finish blade, 95 mm (or select another blade, see options)
- Metal bolster R30, choice of Brass or Nickel Silver
- Spacer fibre inlay, see options for colors
- Solid wood handle block in Curly Birch, Super Grade (other woods available)
This is a classic Scandinavian kit, and can be completed with simple hand tools.
Customize the kit by selecting the handle material, blade type, spacer material and any optional add-ons.
To complete this kit you will need to
- fit the bolster to the tang, with a file or dremel
- cut the tang to size, with a file, hacksaw or dremel
- cut off a piece of the spacer material and drill a hole for the tang (knife and cordless drill)
- drill a hole in the wooden block for the tang (cordless drill)
- glue blade, bolster, spacer and wood together with epoxy glue
- shape the handle with a rasp, belt sander, or knife
- Smooth the handle with sand paper
- Optional finish: seal the handle with oil, wax or varnish
Example of combining materials, by sawing the handle block in pieces and inserting another material by Knut "K-nut" Fineide in Wenge, Nickel Silver spacer and Curly Birch:
Great kit would highly recommend for anyone. Looks amazing and functions well once complete. Overall great experience. On to the next one I guess